Frequently Asked Questions
Postpaid account number change
I got an SMS regarding the change in my account number. What’s that all about?
Beginning June, all Postpaid Account numbers will change into a new 10-digit combination. This should be used when making payment in our partner merchants, except in Metrobank (BPI starts on July 15).
Where will the new account number apply?
Payments made at LBC, Cebuana Lhuillier, ECPay, SM and BPI (starting July 15) should already use the new account number.
What will happen if I use the old account number at LBC, Cebuana Lhuillier, 7-Eleven ECPay, SM and BPI?
Your payment will not go through and the teller will request for the new account number.
What will happen if I use the new account number at Metrobank?
Because this channel is still transitioning to our new billing system, they can only process your payment using the old account number.
How do I get hold of my new account number?
Text ACC<space><Old Account Number> to 5353
What channels do you carry?
As of December 2012 - we have 80 digital channels now including 61 SD Channels and 19 HD channels. The subscription packages available have a complete mix of the most popular channels that meet your family’s needs – sports, movies, entertainment, news & information, and kids channels.
Please click here for a list of our channel lineup. Note that the channel lineup is subject to change without prior notice.
What are Colours and Hyper?
Colours is a living magazine channel designed to appeal to the varying tastes of women that will feature highly acclaimed international programs on fashion, food, wellness, home and reality, as well as local programs. Colours is available on all Plans and Packs.
Hyper is a 24/7 channel that will bring sports to the extreme with both local and international sporting events as the PBA, BundesLiga, La Liga, the ATP World Tour, PXC and the London Olympics 2012 to name a few. Hyper is available on all Plans and Packs.
1. What is Colours HD?
2. Which subscriptions plans will Colours HD be available on?
Colours HD is the High Definition broadcast of Colours. It features a more vibrant HD format of the programs and program schedules currently being aired on Colours SD in Ch. 27.
3. When will Colours HD be available?
Colours HD will be available on all HD plans – Postpaid 430, 590, 790, 990, 1290, 1590, and Prepaid 590.
4. Do I need to pay extra for Colours HD?
Colours HD will be on test broadcast on Ch.101 starting September 15, 2012.
No, Colours HD will be added to all HD plans free of charge
Where is Cignal available?
Cignal is available nationwide and can reach even remote areas (mountains or beach fronts) and provinces. Because we transmit via satellite, our service is not dependent on cable infrastructure. All that is needed is the installation of our satellite dish and a clear line of sight to our Satellite.
What are the subscription types available?
Our Plans range from P290 – P1,590 a month. Please click here for complete details on our Postpaid Plan channel lineup, and here for details on our Prepaid packages.
1. What is Cignal Plan 790?
Plan 790 is Cignal’s newest subscription offer. It is available in postpaid with 61 digital channels (51 SD channels and 10 HD channels).
2. What channels are included?
Free-toAir: Aksyon, ABS-CBN, NBN, TV5, GMA, ETC, GMA News TV, IBC, Solar News, Studio 23, Net 25, 2nd Avenue
Movies: PBO, Viva, Star Movies, Cinemax
Sports: BTV, Hyper, ESPNews, Solar Sports
Kids: Cartoon Network, Disney, Disney Junior, Nickelodeon, Animax, Toonami
News: WIN, CNN, Fox News, Channel News Asia
General Entertainment: AXN, Star World, Fox Filipino, beTV, Teleasia Filipino, Fox, TruTV
Lifestyle: Colours, Asian Food Channel, Living Asia
Education: National Geographic, NatGeo Wild, Discovery Channel
Music: Channel V
Foreign: Al Jazeera TV, Channel M, Teleasia Chinese, Arirang, NHK World, Star Chinese Channel, Australia Network Asia
HD Channels: Star World HD, Colours HD, Outdoors HD, NBA Premium HD, HBO HD, Fashion TV HD, CNN HD, ESPN HD, History HD, NatGeo Adventure HD
3. What is the difference of Plan 790 from Plan 590?
Plan 790 has eleven more channels compared to Plan 590. These channels are Fashion TV HD, CNN HD, ESPN HD, NatGeo Adventure HD, History HD, Toonami, Nickelodeon, Channel News Asia, truTV, Channel V and Discovery Channel.
4. How much is it to get Plan 790?
5. What is box maintenance fee? Why do I have to pay for it a monthly fee of Php100?
For all New Subscribers – You may lease your postpaid HD box for P890/month. (Monthly subscription fee of P790 plus box maintenance fee of P100). This is exclusive of the minimum P1,000 installation fee.
6. What does the box maintenance fee cover?
The Php100 Monthly Box Maintenance fee is the monthly fee for the lifetime guarantee on your set top box. With this, you get to enjoy a worry free, non-stop viewing experience with Cignal!
The box maintenance fee covers for the set top box. Other accessories (e.g. ODU) are not covered and have a standard warranty of 6 months only.
7. What are the benefits of box maintenance fee?
- Box maintenance fee gives you a lifetime guarantee on your set top boxes. If your set top boxes becomes damaged while subscribed, cost of the replacement boxes will be shouldered by Cignal.
2. Box maintenance fee covers all set top boxes under your residential account. At only P150/P100/month, you get to enjoy warranty coverage on all your set top boxes!
What are the subsription requirements?
- Completed Service Application Form (SAF)
- Valid ID
- Proof of Billing
- Mobile postpaid bill
- Internet service provider bill
- Electricity bills
- Cable bills
*Bills and statements submitted must be in good credit standing.
Payment Schemes & Options
1. I want to reconnect but I have an outstanding balance. How much will I spend?
You need to settle the outstanding balance plus the reconnection fee of P100.00 so that we can process your account’s re-connection.
2. How much are the monthly fees?
Monthly fees vary depending on the subscription:
- Postpaid – HD 430, 590, 790, 990, 1290, and 1590
- Prepaid – SD 290, 390, 430, and HD 590
For more details on our Postpaid Plans, please click here.
For Prepaid Packs, please click here.
3. Where can I pay for my subscription?
Payments can be made through select Cignal partners with ECPay Payment facilities, as well as at any BPI Express Phone, BPI Express Online, BPI Express Mobile and ATM machines, Metrobank, LBC, SM, and 7-11 for Postpaid accounts. Payment will be posted on your account after 3 business days.
4. Which Plans use load?
Only prepaid accounts can load.
5. What is the validity of the load?
The validity of the load is 30 days from the time of top-up.
6. How much can be loaded?
The load is the same amount as the Pack subscribed. For example, Pack 290 will require a P290-load, P390 for Pack 390, P430 for Pack 430, and P590 for Pack 590.
7. What’s the maximum load per plan? (I’m on plan 590, can I load a lower or higher amount?)
For SD subscriptions, only 290
290, 390 and 430 denominations can be loaded. For HD subscriptions, only 590 can be loaded.
8. Where can Prepaid subscribers buy their load?
You can load from any Cignal Partner, Dealer or Retailer, or from Smart Load retailers. Please make sure that you have your account number with you when you load. You may also buy Cignal Reload Cards in denominations of 290, 390, 430 and 590 at Cignal Partners, Dealers, and Retailers, as well as SM Malls' Information Counters.
9. Can both Postpaid and Prepaid subscribers pay at any Metrobank and LBC branch?
Only Postpaid may pay via our accredited
payment channels. Prepaid accounts may load at Cignal partners or SMart Load retailers.
*Note that this also applies to payments made through our Territory Partners, BPI Expressonline, Express Phone and ATM machines.
10. Reloading problems (topped-up)
For retailers, please contact *333. For Cignal subscribers, please contact our Customer Service hotline at (02) 244.6251 and provide your account number and date of transaction.
11. How do I know when my Prepaid load is expiring?
To inquire about your Prepaid load expiry, text CIGNAL EXP <Account No.> to 5353.
(P1.00 per text applies. Available for Smart and Sun subscribers.)
12. How do I avail of Pay-Per-View?
To avail of Pay-Per-View, Postpaid subscribers in Metro Manila may call CIGNAL1 or (02) 2446251. Those outside Metro Manila may call our domestic toll-free hotline at 1-800-10-2446251, or contact their nearest Cignal Partner. Please click here for our Territory Partner directory. Prepaid accounts can load at Cignal Partners of Smart Load retailers. Account should be in good credit standing.
1. What is E-Bill?
2. How do I enroll in E-Bill?
E-Bill is our electronic billing system whereby subscribers receive their statements of account via email.
3. When do I start receiving my E-bill?
You may enroll your account by simply registering your Cignal account here.
4. Would I still receive my printed statements if I am enrolled?
If you enroll a day before your bill is generated, you will start receiving your e-bill on the same month. Otherwise, please expect your e-bill the following month.
5. How do I print my E-Bill?
In line with our advocacy on the environment, hard copy of your bill will no longer be sent.
6. How do I view the statement in my email?
Simply click the printer icon found on the menu bar.
7. Do I need a particular software to read my E-Bill?
When you receive the email from email@example.com, simply open the attached file. The file does not require any password.
8. How do I store my E-Bill?
You need to have a PDF Reader application installed in your computer (Eg. Adobe Acrobat Reader). You can download the application for free at www.adobe.com.
9. How do I ensure that I will receive my E-Bill in my email?
You may archive your E-Bill by simply saving your statements in your computer. This will allow you to keep records of your statement and access them when needed.
10. How do I change my email address?
It is advisable to add firstname.lastname@example.org in your contacts to make sure that the email is not blocked by your email provider. Check the capacity of your mailbox, that there is enough space. If you are using your company email address, verify if there is a firewall that could block the email from Cignal.
To change your email address, log on to https://movies.cignal.tv/account/Login.aspx and click on Tools>>Profile>>Contact Information. Or send an email to email@example.com.
How do I find out my account number?
Text CIGNAL SC <12-digit smart card no.> to 5353
(Php1.00 per text for Smart and Php2.00 per text for Sun subscribers)
To know your Smart Card Serial Number
1. Gently pull-out the smart card from the Cignal Box
(Refer to images below depending on your set-top box type)
*Gently pull-out the smart card.
* Flip open to access the smart card.
* Flip open to access the smart card.
*Gently pull-out the smart card2. Flip card to locate the smart card number on the backside of card. The 12-digit smart card number appears in this format: 0000 00XX XXXX
3. Using your Smart or Sun mobile phone, text: CIGNAL<space>SC<space><12-digit smart card no.>
4. Send message to 5353
5. A text message will be received with the customer's account number.
1. What are the establishments applicable for a Cignal Commercial Plan subscription?
Commercial establishments such as but not limited to:
2. I own a restaurant in Cebu and I am interested to subscribe to Cignal. How do I subscribe?
- Food and beverage stores - restaurants, fast food chains, bars, coffee shop
- Offices – headquarter offices, branches, satellite offices, clinics (including SOHO)
- Retail Stores- convenience stores, sari-sari stores, grocery stores, hardware stores, drug stores
- Common areas such as spas, gym, schools, church, museum, convention centers, events places, city/barangay hall, public market, salon, sports centers, club houses, function rooms
- Terminals, airports, parking areas
- Including those commercial establishments (restaurants/ salon etc.) inside a hotel/ resort/hospital
There are several ways to subscribe to Cignal:
3. What channels do I get to watch if I subscribe to Cignal?
- Call our hotline: 2446251 if you’re from the Greater Manila Area, or 1-800-10-2446251 (toll-free from a landline) if you are from outside Metro Manila.
- Call any of our Territory Partners (or dealers) nearest you. Please click here to view a complete list of our Territory Partners directory.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What are the available subscription packages?
We have a great mix of the most popular Standard and High Definition channels that are suitable to your customers’ needs – sports, movies, entertainment, news & information and more! Please click here to view the complete list of Commercial Plans and its corresponding channel line-up
5. How much is the installation cost?
For commercial accounts we offer four (4) subscription plans namely: Plan HD Basic, Plan HD Primer HD Advance, and HD Max – all Plans carry SD and HD channels and are available in postpaid subscription only. Please click here
to view the complete list of Commercial Plans.
No. of boxes for installation
Minimum of Php 1,000
Additional box (max. of 2 boxes)
• if installed with the first box
• if installed separately from the first box
Php 500 per box
Minimum of Php 1,000 per box
Additional materials for installation if needed
SRP Php 12.50/100cm
SRP Php 700 each
SRP Php 575 each
*Prices may change without prior notice.
6. What are the application documents needed to subscribe?
You must submit a fully- accomplished Service Application Form together with the following documents:
- Two (2) valid IDs of the proprietor
- POB or Notarized Contract of Lease
- Business Permit or DTI
- ITR or Audited FS or POI (Credit card statement, Utility Bills, etc.)
7. How long is the lock-in period?
- Two (2) valid IDs of the signatory
- POB or Notarized contract of Lease
- Business Permit
- SEC Registration or Latest GIS (General Information Sheet)
- Board Resolution OR Secretary’s Certificate authorizing an officer to transact for such purpose.
Standard lock-in period is 24 months( or 2 years).
8. How long does it take to install?
The lead time for installation is 24-48 hours for stand-alone establishments.
1. What is the difference between digital vs. analog broadcast?
Digital broadcast gives you crisper and clearer images, allowing you to maximize the features of your TV set, particularly if you’re using an LCD or LED.
2. What is Standard Definition (SD)?
SD is the broadcast standard used in the Philippines and commonly used by TVs with a “traditional” TV set or CRT (cathode ray tube).
3. What is High Definition (HD)?
HD is the highest display format for images and video, having more pixels than SD at 1080i (interlaced) display resolution. The aspect ratio for HD is 16:9.
4. Is Cignal for LCD and LED TVs only?
Cignal Digital TV broadcast is for all types and sizes of televisions. Your TV viewing experience is further enhanced on an LCD or LED set as these are already digital thus, more compatible with Cignal’s crisp and clear digital broadcast.